Privacy legislation: Personal Data Protection Act (from 25 May 2018: the General Data Protection Regulation).
1. Notes on the Regulations
NEDSA Au Pair cannot just simply process the data you provide to it. Privacy legislation is intended to protect the privacy of individuals. This legislation restricts the authorised use of your personal data by others. Under this law, NEDSA Au Pair has a duty to its customers:
- to inform them of the manner and purpose for which data is processed by NEDSA Au Pair;
- to report who has access to the data;
- to request permission for the processing of certain data.
NEDSA Au Pair considers your privacy to be of the utmost importance. For this reason, NEDSA Au Pair explains in these Regulations how it deals with your data, what the purpose of its use is and for which data NEDSA Au Pair must explicitly request your permission.
2. The personal data that NEDSA Au Pair uses and the purpose of its use
NEDSA Au Pair will (possibly) process your personal data if you become or are a customer of NEDSA Au Pair, are an employee of NEDSA Au Pair or contact us via the contact form. NEDSA Au Pair collects your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, copy of ID certificate, information regarding your family situation, BSN number and relevant income data. This data enables us to:
- to financially and administratively handle the agreement concluded by customers with NEDSA Au Pair;
- to provide our services;
- to fulfil our obligations as a sponsor of the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service);
- fulfil our obligations as an employer;
- be able to reach customers or interested parties if necessary;
- to further develop/optimise our services.
3. Provision of personal data to third parties
NEDSA Au Pair does not provide any personal data to persons or companies outside the NEDSA Au Pair organisation, unless:
- it is required to by a statutory regulation;
- it is necessary for the execution of an agreement that NEDSA Au Pair has concluded with you;
- you have given your permission for this.
NEDSA Au Pair also uses services from third parties that act as ‘processors’ (e.g. hosting service providers, automation systems). These service providers will only process personal data in accordance with the instructions and under the control of NEDSA Au Pair.
4. Obligations/secure access/confidentiality/retention period
- NEDSA Au Pair will only process your personal data in accordance with the law. This means (among other things) that the data is only processed for the purpose for which it was obtained and in a proper/careful manner in accordance with the law and these Regulations.
- Your personal data may only be viewed by IND employees and NEDSA Au Pair staff, unless otherwise provided for in these Regulations.
- The employees of NEDSA Au Pair have an obligation of confidentiality with regard to all personal data provided to NEDSA Au Pair;
- NEDSA Au Pair has taken technical measures to protect the system it uses against external breaches in accordance with the law;
- your personal data will be kept no longer than is necessary for proper administration. NEDSA Au Pair has a statutory retention period of 5 years after the au pair has left, after which the data will be destroyed. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If this is the case, NEDSA Au Pair will comply with the statutory retention period.
5. Your rights as a Data Subject
- right to information: the right to know whether, and what personal data is processed and for what purpose;
- right of inspection: the right to inspect and copy the data in so far as this does not harm the privacy of another person;
- the right to correction, addition or deletion of data if necessary (right of correction and deletion). The right to (partially) request removal of your data, can only be accommodated if the retention of the data is not of significant importance to another party and the data does not have to be kept on the basis of a statutory regulation;
- the right to object: the right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases;
- the right to data portability: the right to receive the personal data stored about you in order to be able to transfer it to another organisation;
- the right to a human view in the case of automated decisions. In the case of an automated decision, there is the right to have the decision made through human intervention.
If you want to exercise your rights, you can do this by sending an email to email@example.com. If your request is rejected, an explanation will be given to you. You will receive a communication from NEDSA Au Pair within one month of receiving your request.
If you have a complaint about the way in which your personal data is processed, you can also contact NEDSA Au Pair who will try to find a solution together with you.
Do you have any (other) remarks/questions/suggestions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us in writing. NEDSA Au Pair will of course also treat the personal data provided in this context confidentially and with care. Our current contact details can be found on this page of our website.